January 17, 2009

Dream Cage


After a few Martinis at Franco's house for Jeff's birthday party last night, I think I had enough alcohol for the month. To avoid alcohol drinking, I made an excuse not to attend a friend's brother's house warming party. I know if I were to attend, all those guys I used to hangout for fishing would make me drink, and that is the last thing I want for tonight although it is a Saturday night.

Home alone again on a Saturday night, I went through my Christmas present sent by Steven from San Francisco. It was very sweet of Steven to send me a box full of DVD's as Christmas present, Breakfast at Tiffany's by Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard is one of them. I was like, hey, this may be a good movie to watch for the night, the last time I saw this movie was more than 15 years ago.

Breakfast at Tiffany's is a movie depicting a young lost glamor girl played by Audrey Hepburn who uses a phony name and dreams to marry into the rich and high class society in New York City or anywhere in the world for that matter. She has built a "dream cage" that locks herself so deep inside that it makes her life miserable. Whenever she tries to run away from unhappiness, she ends up running into herself in the cage until the handsome poor writer played by George Peppard rescues her with his undemanding love.

In real life, people unintentionally build desperation, depression, perplexity, confusion...etc "cages" for themselves. We all have lived in one of these "cages" that we built at one time or another. Some may live in their "cages" for their lives, only the lucky ones got out of them in one piece....


1961 - Audrey Hepburn as the glamor girl in Breakfast at Tiffany's

4 comments:

  1. O my, I just love Audrey Hepburn in that movie and guess what, I also fall in love with Andy William's "Moon River" :-P Happy “牛”Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's about those unable to got out from the cage?

    I belive they aren't Unlucky.. They maybe comfortable there. Comfortable with kind of "desperation....". I don't think receiveing an undemanding love is consider lucky? Another type of cage..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...if they are not able to get out of the cages that they built, i guess they would have to deal with it in the cage!

    Like me, i think i am building, if not already built, a big aging phobia cage for myself. I don't even know how deep i am living in it, the all i know is i don't want to be called "old man" any time soon, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I propose a name for your BUILDING : "Aging Cage"

    ReplyDelete